Summer course 1 - July 2016 - medium group - lesson 5
- Shall we go out for a coffee and some fresh air?
- Pfft. You call that 'fresh'? Now, down in Kent, that's where the air
- It smells like cows and sheep!
- Well, without cows and sheep you city people would have nothing to eat!
- There is plenty of fantastic food in London, you know...
- Right... Perhaps, your cheese and your steak grow on trees?
- Actually, I'm a vegan.
- I'm sorry, I had no idea. It must be hard…
- Oh, no, it's not a disease... I'm perfectly fine!
- Are you sure? You don't look so well to me...
- Excuse me?
- Big city life is not a bed of roses! Always in a rush, head stuck in
- Speaking of which, I really must go into a meeting, I'll catch you later!
PART 1. TRIVIA
1 What is another name for maracuya?
2 How do you say in English “Северный ледовитый океан”?
3 What is Paul McCartney’s first name?
4 Which continent has the most countries
5 How many wives did Henry VIII have? How many did he execute?
6 How many legs does a scorpion have?
7 Who composed the Russian national anthem?
8 Which planet is the closest to the Earth? Which planet is the
biggest in the Solar System?
9 What is the name of the most popular artificial language?
PART 2. RIDDLES
1 What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?
2 What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and
three legs in the evening?
3 He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?
4 A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street in
the wrong direction, but didn't break the law. How come?
5 What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never
in a thousand years?
6 What table can you eat?
7 You carry me into a dark room, and set me on fire. I cry and then
I lose my head. What am I?
8 I have no flesh and no bones, but I have four fingers and one thumb.