Summer course 1 - July 2016 - medium group - lesson 8
- So, tell me. How long have you been living in Shanghai?
- It's been nearly nine years now. Gosh, doesn't time fly!
- And do you feel at home in Shanghai?
- I do now! Although, let me tell you, it took a long time to get used to it!
- What things in particular?
- Well, I guess, the Asian big city lifestyle was the biggest shock to me.
- How so?
- Well, it's the hustle and bustle of the city. The crowds, the
smells, the traffic. It’s incredible!
- And what about the local food? Was that ever a problem ?
- Oh, definitely! I'm not a fussy eater, but some of the food here is
simply disgusting! Once a really pushy man at the market sold me…
- A real turtle. I couldn't eat it, so it lived in my bath!
- How strange! And what do you miss the most about home?
- I really miss proper butter and Tetley teabags.
- Isn't there plenty of tea in China?
- It's just not the same!
- I see.